Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
This is our 13th year of hosting our VITA site where we offer FREE tax preparation services to our community members.
TOP 10 REASONS TO VISIT VITA
- Save money. VITA is FREE. The average cost for commercial tax preparation is $250.
- Peace of mind. Our VITA site is staffed with IRS-certified tax preparers who have years of experience.
- Claim ALL your credits. We’ll make sure you get all of the tax credits you are eligible for.
- File faster. Our VITA site offers e-file so your refund is processed quicker.
- No refund fees. You’ll avoid rapid refund fees because we’ll help you e-file.
- Zero interest. By e-filing, you won’t have to pay interest charges.
- Maximum refund. Without any extra fees, and with all of your credits, you’ll get the maximum refund you are entitled to.
- Full access to your money. With e-file your refund is deposited directly into your account, which means no hassle of dealing with check cashing.
- Less travel. Our VITA site rotates locations throughout the Reservation to bring services to you.
- Knowledge is power. We can offer suggestions on how you can make the most of your refund.
Educate Yourself on EITC
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), a benefit for working people with low to moderate income, is one of the most underutilized tax credits available and lifts more children out of poverty than any other program. To qualify, you must meet certain requirements and file a tax return. By claiming this credit, you can maximize your refund.
Maximum Credit Amounts
The maximum amount of credit for Tax Year 2019 is:
- $6,728 with three or more qualifying children
- $5,980 with two qualifying children
- $3,618 with one qualifying child
- $1,502 with no qualifying children
For more information, visit www.irs.gov/eitc.
We'd like to extend our gratitude for this year's funding support of our VITA program.