Contractor Development Program
The Contractor Development Program at Lakota Funds provides an abundance of information and resources for small and emerging as well as established contractors on the Pine Ridge Reservation. Our qualified staff understand the construction market and know what it takes to increase profit margins and win jobs. Best of all, we are dedicated to helping you every step of the way.
Through our partnership with the Native American Development Corporation Procurement Technical Assistance Center, we can help Native American businesses successfully compete for government contracts, thereby creating and retaining jobs and bringing economic benefits.
The Contractor's Corner
Stop by the Contractor's Corner in the Tribal Business Information Center at the Lakota Funds office! The Contractor's Corner is equipped with an abundance of valuable tools and resources to help you identify and bid on projects. These tools are available for use by contractors on the Pine Ridge Reservation FREE of charge.
- Architect's Table
- Measuring Scroll Wheel
- Construction Calculator
- QuickEye Estimator - a smooth take-off tool that helps with estimating PDF blueprints.
- UDA Construction Suite - powerful construction management software.
- Construction Industry Center - your resource for locating blue prints for local open contracts.
Call to reserve your time at the Contractor's Corner today! (605) 455-2500
NEW! Online Contractor's Corner
Lakota Funds is now offering an Online Contractor's Corner to provide 24/7 access to some of the most valuable tools and resources in the construction industry. Now contractors can access these resources when its convenient and where its convenient.
Construction Industry Center
- your resource for locating blue prints for local open contracts.
Quick Eye Estimator
- a smooth take-off tool that helps with estimating PDF blueprints.
Lakota Funds offers a variety of lending products to fund the start-up or expansion of your contracting company.
- Micro Loans - $5,000 or less: designed for the business that has minimal capital needs.
- Small Loans - $5,001-$25,000: perfect for the serious business owner who has a substantial need for capital.
- Business Loans - $25,001-$300,000: great for the existing business that is looking to reach new levels of success.
- Business Line of Credit: an excellent option for established contractors to keep cash flow rolling, make large material purchases, or even to obtain higher levels of bonding.
Please visit the Lending page
for more information on our lending products.
Download an application for loan requests under $25,000.
Download an application for loan requests over $25,000.
Lakota Funds has a Business Success Coach on staff that specializes in contractor development and works in the community to help our local building contractors achieve their goals. The success coaching element in the Contractor Development Program provides hands-on customized assistance to each individual client. Success coaching may help contractors to:
- Evaluate the financial health of their business.
- Register as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise or an 8(a) business.
- Obtain a DUNS or Employment Identification Number.
- Find resources for OSHA certifications.
- Solicit and bid on contracts.
- Develop a capability statement.
- Manage construction projects.
- Connect with other resources.
Online Resources for Contractors
Black Hills State University
The Office of Educational Outreach at Black Hills State University offers high quality, convenient, affordable, and accredited distance learning options via online, videoconferencing, and at off-campus locations. Non-Credit courses include LEED Green Associate Exam Preparation, Government Contracting, Home Heating, Ventilation, and Air Condtioning (HVAC) Technician, Principles of Green Building, and other courses focused on other industries and/or business start-up, planning, or management.
Casper College provides on-line, short-term, and other training programs for contractors, including Solar Power Professional, and Wind Power Professional, and Certified Indoor Environmentalist.
The Davis-Bacon and Related Acts, apply to contractors and subcontractors performing on federally funded or assisted contracts in excess of $2,000 for the construction, alteration, or repair (including painting and decorating) of public buildings or public works. This act regulates wage levels on federally assisted projects.
SBA Government Contracting Classroom
Government contracts can offer significant opportunities for small businesses, but selling to the government requires a very different approach than selling to the commercial sector. SBA has created a series of free online contracting courses designed to help prospective and existing small businesses understand the basics about contracting with governmental agencies.
SBA 8(a) Business Development Program
The 8(a) Business Development Program helps small, disadvantaged businesses compete in the marketplace.
South Dakota Electrical Licensing
This site provides information on licensing requirements, applying for an electrical license, and exam details.
South Dakota Governor's Office on Economic Development
This site includes information about several loan funds and financing information.
South Dakota Plumber Licensing
This site provides information on licensing requirements, applying for an plumbing license, and exam details.
Western Dakota Tech Corporate Education Center
The Western Dakota Tech Corporate Education Center includes short-term training that is useful for contractors, such as Computer-Aided Drafting, Lathe Training, Welding, and Introduction to Cabinet-Making.